Are you looking for a great place to add value, build and lead system development, and grow an emerging company? We are looking for a talented, forward-thinking, tech-savvy Controller to join our team.
Who We Are
We are a 59-year-old, innovative company that is growing rapidly and ripe with opportunity. We are looking for eager, strategic, self driven people to help take our company to the next level. BeniComp is a very innovative Third Party Administrator (TPA) for unique health insurance products to employer groups across the nation. We are dedicated to our mission to reduce the prevalence of chronic disease and healthcare expenses by empowering people with data, prevention, and industry leading technology.
We believe in transparency and integrity, aligning our work with the social good. We thrive through collaboration. Each person has a valuable and unique role to uphold as we overcome challenges, solve problems, and discover the limitless potential of our teamwork.
What You'll Do
As the Controller, you will manage all accounting records for BeniComp and be responsible for producing financial reporting that is on time and in accordance with GAAP. you will work on creative solutions to challenging projects in a collaborative, high-energy environment. Your goal will be to help us maximize profits by performing data analysis and reporting, advising managers on ways to finance optimization, and overseeing the financial health of BeniComp.
- Manage the Chart of Accounts and integrity of account classifications
- Adding/removing and monitoring all accounts within the chart of accounts
- Ensure transactions are correctly recorded in the appropriate accounts
- Maintain and enforce accounting policies and procedures to ensure transactions are recorded timely and accurately
- Oversee and manage payroll and payroll provider ensuring payroll is accurate, compliant and timely
- Maintain and Coordinate the renewal of company insurance
- Preparing and managing budgeting schedules for the company
- Ensure debt payments are made on time
- Ensure BeniComp receives all potential discounts available from vendors
- Ensure copies of all vendor contracts are managed and maintained in vendor folders and a schedule of all contracts is maintained for easy review by expiration dates
- Complete and/or oversee all bank reconciliations (staff accountant performs operational reconciliations)
- Ensure Accounts Payable are paid timely
- Ensure Accounts Receivable (other than Customer Accounting) are received timely
- Record all transactions timely including monthly or year-end accruals
- Close the Sage modules within 5 business days of last day of close month
- Preview all financial information monthly current year to prior year and make corrections for any errors or oversights before submitting to CFO
- Provide Ad-hoc financial information and calculations/analysis as needed
- Improve A/P automation to pay vendors electronically
- Develop Sage Business Intelligence Reports
- Issue accurate and timely Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statement to CFO on 6th business day after closing month end
- Statements to include comment email for overall results and special focus items
- Provide managers monthly budget to actual plus variance calculations, communicate and consolidate the managers’ explanations for monthly executive review
- Provide monthly cost management reports (by department, product, other)
- Provide reporting for Customer transactions that follows financial statements
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Prepare financial information for annual and other audits (other than carrier audits handled by operations)
- Monitor debt compliance in a summarized way and including proper files on google drive with all debt documents
- 5+ Years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- Valid CPA status
- Experience with Sage accounting software
- Health insurance industry experience
- Experience building out and overseeing process controls for complex product accounting
- Experience working with multiple products and corporate divisions
- Technology product experience with both internal software and SAAS products
- Tech savvy
- Experience leading teams, but willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get the work done
- On time, every time
- Clean, consistent reporting
- Ability to support a quickly growing company’s needs and provide leadership with meaningful, actionable reports
- Optimistic, level-headed, and consistent
- Ability to support quick-moving, innovative team with new products and accounting needs
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Strong understanding of tax codes and laws
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- High level of communication skills
Salary: Will be discussed during the interview process
Career Level: Advanced
Job Type: Full Time in Tampa Office (Currently working remotely due to COVID-19)
To Apply You Must: Submit an application with a current resume with a cover letter.
“The future of health is a health solution” - Doug Short, President & CEO
BeniComp originated in Ft. Wayne, IN in 1962 by Don Short as Short Associates, Inc. Years later his son, Doug Short, built out the health division and began innovating. In 2014 BeniComp opened an office in Tampa dedicated to innovation and development in order to stay on the cutting edge of health technology and digital communication strategies.
We work with forward-thinking employer groups who have tremendous influence in the lives of tens, hundreds, or thousands of people who work for them. We want them to know we are on their side.
Our operations support the movement from reactive, conventional medicine practices to proactive, functional medicine strategies that empower people to take control of their health and reverse the chronic conditions that are socially and financially affecting the nation.
A future where people enjoy happier, healthier lifestyles
To reduce the prevalence of chronic disease and healthcare expenses by empowering people with data, prevention, and industry-leading technology.