Tampa, Florida | Full-Time Software Development Role
Who We Are
BeniComp is a team of talented and passionate leaders, dedicated to our mission of providing innovative health insurance solutions that empower organizations and employees to take control of their health. We believe in transparency and integrity, aligning our work with the social good. We thrive through collaboration. Each person has a valuable and unique role to uphold as we overcome challenges, solve problems, and discover the limitless potential of our teamwork.
We’re looking for someone who wants to help build a new platform from the ground up...
As a Software Engineer, you will work with a team of technology and development professionals; taking fully prototyped UI/UX from our designer and develop them using Angular. You will work directly with our President, CTO, DevOps Manager, UX Director, and Designer, with sprint direction from our Scrum Master.
Prior working experience in Healthcare and/or Insurance with understanding of HIPAA/HITECH a big plus!
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with team on requirements elaboration
- Participate in platform architecture inception, elaboration, and construction
- Develop RESTful API
- Develop Data Models
- Node.js: 2 years (Required)
- Express.js: 2 years (Required)
- TypeScript: 2 years (Required)
- REST: 2 years (Required)
- Git: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Kafka: 1 year (Preferred)
- Google Cloud Platform: 1 year (Preferred)
- HIPAA: 1 year (Preferred)
- Encryption: 1 year (Preferred)
- GitLab: 1 year (Preferred)
- Angular: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cucumber: 1 year (Preferred)
- Angular 9+
- Experience with Google Firebase and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Creating and consuming JSON / REST API’s
- Git Feature Branching Workflow
- Ability to quickly write reliable, clean and testable code
- Good communication skills and a team mentality
Working Familiarity With:
- Document Store Data Modeling
- Firebase Realtime & Firestore DB
- SmartBear Swagger (API Development & Documentation)
- SmartBear Cucumber (Gherkin Syntax & Test Driven Development)
- GitLab / Containers / Runners
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by management.
Salary: $60,000.00 - $95,000.00 (Commensurate with skills and experience)
Career Level: Intermediate
Experience Preferred: 2-5 years
Job Type: Full Time in our Tampa Office (Currently working remotely due to COVID)
To Apply You Must: Provide a current resume with a cover letter
COVID-19 considerations: Our team is currently working remotely. While we will maintain our offices in Tampa, we currently do not have a timeline or plan to return from remote working.
BeniComp is an innovative health insurance company offering supplemental products to companies around the country. By addressing the critical health insurance issues of today, we put preventive health at the core of our products. Our passionate, diversely talented team is creative, energetic, and collaborates with some of the most prominent companies in the country.
A future where people enjoy happier, healthier lifestyles.
To reduce chronic disease and healthcare spending in America by empowering people with data, prevention, and technology.