For the past few years, there has been a movement in the medical community toward functional medicine. Functional medicine helps patients address the root causes of disease through lifestyle modifications. By focusing on achieving optimal health rather than just the absence of disease, functional medicine has helped patients reverse chronic disease and improve their overall quality of life.
Curious to know more about how functional medicine positively impacts your health? Before we dive in, it is important to know that functional medicine doctors are the only ones trained to treat and cure chronic conditions.
Without any further delay, here are 5 reasons to visit a functional medicine doctor.
- Functional medicine doctors focus on treating the root cause of your symptoms. Instead of focusing on your symptoms alone, functional medicine doctors search for the root cause of your symptoms. By identifying the root cause, they are able to eliminate current symptoms and prevent them from recurring. Functional medicine doctors treat the person, not the problem.
- Functional medicine doctors emphasize lifestyle modifications over prescription drugs. Instead of prescribing premature medications, functional medicine doctors help patients implement lifestyle modifications that will transform their health across the board. The result: improved overall quality of life and the elimination of unnecessary medications and unpleasant side effects.
- A typical visit with a functional medicine doctor ranges from 30 to 60 minutes. Contrast this to your 7-minute visit with your doctor where you barely have enough time to discuss your prescription refills. Forget having the time to ask about side effects of a medication or alternative forms of treatment. With a functional medicine doctor, you have time to make your health a discussion where you are in control of your health, not the clock.
- Functional medicine doctors partner with you to improve your health. During your visit with a functional medicine doctor, you’ll review your lab results and receive 1:1 health education from a trained medical professional. You’ll learn how your lab results affect aspects of your everyday life and longevity. And you’ll be provided with numerous forms of treatment to address any areas of concern.
- Functional medicine doctors have higher standards for health. While conventionally trained doctors rely on “normal ranges” on lab results to indicate health, functional medicine doctors are trained to move patients toward optimal ranges. Instead of defining health as the absence of disease, functional medicine doctors strive for what is optimal.
Looking for a health insurance company that covers Functional Medicine? Your search is over. IncentiCare is the first health insurance solution in the nation that covers Functional Medicine. Get started today by going here: https://www.benicomp.com/products/incenticare