We're looking for an entry-level, tech-savvy Development Assistant to collaborate with our innovation team and help us reach our development goals. Our Pulse development team is the fastest-growing department in the company. This division thrives because of our talented team of go-getters who spearhead the product development of our innovative health technology.
Who We Are
BeniComp is a team of talented and passionate leaders, dedicated to our mission of providing technology-driven health insurance solutions that empower organizations and employees to take control of their health.
We believe in transparency and integrity, aligning the purpose of our work with the social good. We thrive through collaboration. Each person has a valuable and unique role to uphold as we overcome challenges, solve problems, and discover the limitless potential of our teamwork.
What You'll Do
As the Development Assistant, you will work on creative solutions to challenging projects in a collaborative, high-energy environment. It is important for this candidate to be self-motivated by the bigger vision and opportunity to be involved in the development of a revolutionary health technology product.
The opportunity is here to have your hands in the development of a proprietary tool that is going to change the way companies interact with healthcare. We built our software (Pulse) from the ground up and have full autonomy to make our vision come alive.
Your biggest focus will be working with the development operations team to test Pulse, as it moves through the development process, to ensure user-readiness and pixel perfect deliverability. Fixing bugs, communicating with development teams, and independently solving problems will be your biggest priority in your day-to-day.
In this position, you will have daily exposure to full-stack development with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) and will have the opportunity to grow with the company.
Agile teams are strategic, resourceful, organized, and know how to prioritize and effectively communicate regularly across the division. We bring energy and invention to everything we do, and we never say "it can't be done". We get into the detail of the day-to-day to make things happen and we improve upon what we did yesterday. With a good sense of intuition, we prioritize, solve problems, and meet goals.
- Assist our Director of Product Development with the development of Pulse
- Prioritize and organize projects and tasks from beginning to end
- Test software and report bugs
- Identify inefficiencies and produce creative solutions
- Help create and maintain reports and data analytics
- Work closely with the rest of the development team to ensure seamless processes
- Give great attention to detail and display the initiative to quickly identify and resolve variances, failures, and discrepancies
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on an independent basis
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed
- Must be a full time hire working onsite in our downtown Tampa office Monday - Friday
- Tech-savvy and does not have "can't" in their vocabulary. Must be strategic and resourceful to research ways to get the job done
- Highly organized with attention to detail because we move fast
- Energetic and pumped about what we are doing
- Must have a strong eye for detail
- Exceptional social intelligence and communication internally and externally
- Strong work ethic and innate responsibility to deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Team player with enormously positive attitude
Salary: Will be discussed during interview process -- based on experience level.
Career Level: Entry
Experience Preferred: 1+ years
Education Preferred: BA or BS previously obtained
Job Type: Full Time, In-House
To Apply You Must: Provide a current resume with a cover letter.
BeniComp originated in Ft. Wayne, IN in 1962 by Don Short as Short Associates, Inc. Years later his son, Doug Short, built out the health division and began innovating. In 2014 BeniComp opened an office in Tampa dedicated to innovation and development in order to stay on the cutting edge of health technology and digital communication strategies.
We work with forward-thinking employer groups who have tremendous influence in the lives of tens, hundreds, or thousands of people who work for them. We want them to know we are on their side.
Our operations support the movement from reactive, conventional medicine practices to proactive, functional medicine strategies that empower people to take control of their health and reverse the chronic conditions that are socially and financially affecting the nation.
“The future of health is a health solution” - Doug Short, President & CEO
To be a solution to the healthcare crisis in America
To engage employers as leaders in the movement toward a better healthcare system by providing health insurance solutions that drive measurable health improvements and financial savings.