Are you a tech-savvy, people-person with health insurance experience wanting to apply your skill set at a company that will empower you to grow personally and professionally? We are looking for a talented Customer Support Advocate to enhance our team and help us change healthcare for the social good. As a Customer Support Advocate you will have a direct impact on peoples’ lives by offering personalized guidance to ensure each and every individual feels empowered to make decisions regarding their health.
Who We Are
BeniComp is a team of talented and passionate leaders, dedicated to our mission of providing innovative health insurance solutions that empower organizations and employees to take control of their health.
We believe in prevention, transparency and integrity, aligning our work with the social good. We thrive through collaboration. Each person has a valuable and unique role to uphold as we overcome challenges, solve problems, and discover the limitless potential of our teamwork.
We are currently looking for individuals who share our mission of integrating primary and behavioral health care while providing access to all individuals. We focus on providing quality and compassionate care in order to assist our patients in living their best life. We are dedicated to the endless pursuit of excellence and treat everyone with dignity, humanity, and respect.
What You'll Do
As the Customer Support Advocate, you will work with our Customer Service and Preventive Health Management teams to provide a best-in-class experience to members of our proprietary health insurance plan-- IncentiCare. You will use your expertise in health insurance and communication to help members solve problems and navigate their health insurance with ease.
- Answer and resolve incoming phone calls and support ticket
- Initiate Prior Authorization requests
- Correspond with providers and vendor partners to resolve member inquiries
- Make provider recommendations based on cost and quality
- Provide Rx pricing and location information
- Review medical bills for balance bill identification
- Keep detailed notes and liaison member to appropriate points of care (Health Coach, Medical Manager, Vendor Partner, PCP, etc.)
- Provide benefits and healthcare education to our members to ensure all patients concerns are answered including eligibility, billing, claims, and provider access
- Follow up after specific claim triggers (ex: emergency hospitalization) to ensure compliance around medication + PCP visits
- Proactively outreach to providers to verify insurance coverage
- Answer phone calls from provider to verify insurance coverage
- Proactively outreach to members based on data triggers (ex: Potential for balance bills, advice on plan utilization services such as Rx, etc.)
- Answer plan questions and help them navigate through the healthcare system
- Identify and intervene in crisis or critical-risk situations.
- Solve problems and work autonomously in a supportive, collaborative environment
- Share feedback to help our team and technology improve and add functionality
- Track data to measure the effectiveness of outcomes.
- 1+ years of experience in health insurance or healthcare
- Experience in Customer Service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to type 35+ wpm with minimal mistakes
- Team player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Driven to continuously learn and advance your skill sets to help patients in a different way.
- Enjoy that no 2 days are the same and keeping busy is a must
- Be comfortable researching an answer that you don’t already know
Salary: Will be discussed during the interview process
Career Level: Talented
Job Type: Full Time in Fort Wayne Office or Tampa Office (Currently working remotely due to COVID-19)
To Apply You Must: Submit an application with a current resume with a cover letter.
“The future of health is a health solution” - Doug Short, President & CEO
BeniComp originated in Ft. Wayne, IN in 1962 by Don Short as Short Associates, Inc. Years later his son, Doug Short, built out the health division and began innovating. In 2014 BeniComp opened an office in Tampa dedicated to innovation and development in order to stay on the cutting edge of health technology and digital communication strategies.
We work with forward-thinking employer groups who have tremendous influence in the lives of tens, hundreds, or thousands of people who work for them. We want them to know we are on their side.
Our operations support the movement from reactive, conventional medicine practices to proactive, functional medicine strategies that empower people to take control of their health and reverse the chronic conditions that are socially and financially affecting the nation.
A future where people enjoy happier, healthier lifestyles
To empower people with actionable health solutions through prediction, prevention, and industry leading technology