BeniComp is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a Health Coach responsible for assessing and discovering innovative ways to inspire healthier lifestyle choices. The position will work closely with our clinical team, clients, and their employees to promote healthy lifestyles and help individuals reach their potential. Health Coaches will be responsible for developing a coaching relationship with participants, assisting them through the process of engagement, and actively working toward improved health by providing support, encouragement, goal coaching, and education.
- Review biomarker data and NIH risk levels.
- Identify and establish a relationship with high risk individuals, review personal health risks, and provide health education.
- Follow the processes and protocols of our Health Coach Manual.
- Identify target behavior changes and goals, and create action plans.
- Use the Pulse tools and resources to support, educate, and engage participants.
- Document coaching calls and input appropriate credits.
- Provide appropriate interventions to optimize health and well-being of high risk participants including education and the coordination of services with healthcare professionals (ex: nurse, tobacco cessation specialist, specialty provider, etc.), and recommend additional screenings.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend appropriate preventive health solutions, providing accurate and effective information to satisfy the questions and issues of the participant.
- Support operational aspects of the division to meet customer requirements and satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both written and oral communication
- Ability to work directly with BeniComp’s Director of Preventive Health
- Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience
- Ability to serve as a facilitator of participant change focused on lifestyle modification, not diagnosis or prescription
- Ability to learn and use a variety of proprietary software programs
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without direct supervision
- Keyboard and web navigation skills, and experience using email, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Skill to understand current and potential needs of employers and employees to take appropriate action to support health and wellness
Salary: Will be discussed during interview process - based on experience level and education
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Experience Preferred: 1-2 years
Education Preferred: BA, BS, or higher in health-related field
Job Type: Part time
To Apply You Must: Provide a current resume with a cover letter.
BeniComp is an innovative health insurance company offering supplemental products to companies around the country. By addressing the critical health insurance issues of today, we put preventive health at the core of our products. Our passionate, diversely talented team is creative, energetic, and collaborates with some of the most prominent companies in the country.
To develop the future of health insurance as a health solution.
To engage employers as leaders in the movement toward a better healthcare system by providing health insurance solutions that drive measurable health improvements and financial savings.